Going on a vacation during the summer months is an American tradition. But where do you get the money to go? Ed Hewitt, a writer for Independenttraveler.com, gives us 9 helpful tips for saving money for a vacation.
1. Open a dedicated savings account
2. Set up automatic transfers
3. Let someone else do it for you (sign up with an online service that will help manage your savings)
4. The trusty change jar
5. A true budget
6. Liquidate directly into a travel fund
7. Travel grants
8. Get everyone saving
9. Grandparent (or parent) travel grant
Read the full article on the Travel Tips page on MSNBC.com, click here.