Bish’s RV is wishing you all a very happy and blessed Independence Day Weekend! Perhaps there is a big camping trip on your agenda?!
We hope you will all have the opportunity to spend time with your loved ones and celebrate the many freedoms we enjoy, as well as the men and women who protect and serve! While you’re celebrating, though, always keep safety in mind.
Here are some safety reminders to help keep you and yours safe and sound this holiday weekend.
- We know this one goes without saying, but…we’ll say it anyway: firework safety! From burning or injuring yourself or loved ones, to starting a forest fire, there are many ways fireworks can go very wrong. Use caution and common sense, always!
- Know the local rules and regulations. Many areas don’t allow fireworks of any kind. Find out what the rules are where you will be spending your holiday weekend, so you’re not left disappointed later.
- Make sure you have a first-aid kit on hand. You never know when it will come in handy! Want to build your own first aid kit? Here is a list of essentials, from CampingRoadtrip.com.
- Bring sunscreen. Apply sunscreen 30 minutes before participating in outdoor activities to reduce the risk for one of the most preventable types of cancer: skin cancer.
- Check for ticks. Whether you’re adventuring into the tall grass and trees, or your four-legged friends are, make sure you check for ticks regularly.
- Stay hydrated. With temperatures breaking 100 degrees in many areas, it is very important to drink plenty of water. It never hurts to throw a case of bottled waters in the cooler, along with your beverage of choice.
- Speaking of the cooler, remember that dairy and meats will spoil if they aren’t stored properly. Consider proper storage and bring enough ice—or know where you can get more—to prevent a spoiled weekend.
- HAVE FUN!
*Please note that all Bish’s RV locations will be CLOSED on Monday, July 4, and will resume regular hours on Tuesday, July 5.